Rapper Chinko Ekun said, "I nearly took my own life."

 


Oladipo Olamide Emmanuel, also known as Chinko Ekun, a Nigerian musician, has discussed his near-suicide experience in 2020 after becoming homeless and depressed.


Remember that Chinko Ekun began performing professionally in 2011 and gained notoriety in 2018 with the release of the smash song "Able God" with Zlatan and Lil Kesh.

In a popular Instagram video posted by the pastor of Harvesters International Christian Center (HICC), Bolaji Idowu, on Saturday, the singer, 29, discussed having suicidal thoughts.


The rapper claimed that the crisis began when he began to have problems with the management of his record label during a testimony session.

The "Able God" singer claimed that the house, cars, and other belongings that had been given to him had all been seized, leaving him homeless for months and forcing him to squat with some of his friends, including Aloma, Davido's former assistant.


"I had one of the biggest records in Nigeria at the time, called Able God," he claimed. I was attending shows, and everything was really nice.

"Before you even open your eyes, you've already been scheduled; you attend political events, and they're paying you for what you enjoyed doing.


There was a lot of money back then. In 2020, however, I lost my record deal. My boss at the record company and I were at odds. He asked me to leave the house because he was so furious.

"I consequently lost my deal and the house and practically became homeless.


I don't typically use the internet to talk because I'm a nice person, but it just came to me. I moved to the mainland and was squatting with some of my friends because of the trauma.

"I became upset after that since I occasionally flew but saw myself almost dozing off on the floor.


I was also in a relationship at the time. The heartbroken meal was so hot that I had to go to the hospital. So, everything that was important to me was falling apart.


Ekun claimed that the trauma nearly led to his suicide.


"Aloma, Davido's assistant, and I were squatting in an estate near Elegushi Beach. When I visited Elegushi Beach one day, I pondered whether or not I should jump into the water.

"I began threatening God, saying that if I bowed to another god, na him cause am o," he explained.


"I was able to record some new songs in about three months." Some companies offered me two endorsement deals.



"After that, I began to get some shows until I was able to get my new apartment and some properties."


Ekun was previously signed to YBNL, Olamide's record label, which he joined in 2015.


He is currently under contract with Dek-Niyor Entertainment, a Dubai-based label.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad