Drake and 21 Savage Admit Writing Verse for Each Other on Her Loss Album

 Drake and 21 Savage have admitted to collaborating on lyrics for their collaborative album, Her Loss.



On Sunday (November 27), Drake and 21 Savage spoke with Sirius XM's OVO Sound 42 radio about their wildly successful new album. During the conversation, the duo revealed that it was a true collaborative effort as they assisted each other in writing rhymes.

"That's why I say you're just different," 21 Savage tells Drake at 20:45. "Even with the way you make things and do shit. Because you know I'm going to rap in the booth. That is something I am familiar with. But structuring and knowing, like, 'OK, nah, we don't need no hook on this one, but 21 have to do it this way.' I'm not going cap, nigga. On this album, Drake wrote some of my verses. These are the facts. You understand what I mean. I couldn't care less what a nigga says. Drake contributed to some of my verses on this album."

"By the way, you also helped me with shit," Drake responded. "That's the way it's supposed to be. Straight forward."


Of course, Drake has faced ghostwriting allegations in the past, which he addressed, saying that ultimately, he believes that collaborating on a personal level is the best approach.

"What I'll say is, one of the most intense conversations I've ever had, and of course, I've dealt with this shit my entire career, niggas being like, 'Oh, people made you.' They wrote your songs for you,' and all that nonsense," Drake explained to 21. "And obviously, I believe I allowed it to affect me more than it should have because I am aware of the work that I put in." Finally, one of the most intense conversations I've ever had was with someone in which I asked, 'Yo, why is it always us doing for you?' Then, when I say 'us,' I mean all of us, as in this entire generation. The hood, the street niggas you purport to adore, or this or that.I don't like that one-sided nonsense. I just have a strange feeling. I just feel like all we do is give our energy, perform, write, whatever, and then what? "What do we have left?"

"It's similar to what you said about me," Drake added. "I'm not that character. I'm not only coming to work on an album with you, but I'm also coming to Freaknik. I'm coming to see your family and stuff. Because I only have a place in my heart for you, and this shit matters to me. It's not just about me, you know. Like, I'm more excited about what this album will do for us than what it will do for me. That is the most important point."

Her Loss was an enormous success. The album sold 404,000 copies in its first week, making it the year's biggest rap album debut. It also dominated the Hot 100 chart, occupying eight of the top ten spots just one week after the album's release.



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad