Tems responds to trolls who criticized her Dazed magazine photoshoot.



 Tems' big moment with Dazed magazine has resulted in her outfits being dragged

Temilade Openiyi, also known as Tems, has issued a strong warning to anyone attempting to impose their religious beliefs on her or influence her clothing, music, or performance choices.


This comes after the singer appeared on the cover of Dazed magazine and was immediately chastised by internet trolls who were critical of her outfits.

The popular artist responded to these comments on Twitter by stating that she is not anyone's savior and that she refuses to fit into any religious or moral construct in order to please anyone.

"I'm not sure who this is for, but I am not your Christian savior. I didn't come here to defend your religious beliefs. I'm not going to fit into this box you're trying to put me in. If I can't satisfy you in that area, please find someone who can. Alternatively, consider why you care "She used Twitter.

Further, the Grammy Award-nominated singer reflected on how far she has come in her career since she began in 2018.

She continued in the tweet thread, writing: "This year has seen tremendous growth. I'm here for my followers. I've put in a lot of effort to improve myself. Everything will make sense when it happens. I began in 2018. Consider the state of music today. Still waiting for the next level. I'm just getting started."

She finally concluded the thread by stating that she is her only competitor and that she is only trying to impress herself.

In her own words, "I don't brag because we're not in the same league. I don't need to brag because I am who I am whether you realize it or not. The house built on solid rock will be able to withstand the storm. I'm trying to impress myself rather than you."

The Nigerian singer and songwriter rose to prominence after she was featured on Wizkid's 2020 single 'Essence,' which reached the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 after the release of a remixed version featuring Justin Bieber and earned her a Grammy Award nomination.

Tems has made headlines for a variety of reasons, from writing and voicing Marvel's 'Wakanda Forever' to headlining shows and adding to her award collection.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad