PROSTATE CANCER: I'm not going down quietly — CHARLY BOY


 There are strong indications that Charles Oputa, the Areafada and self-proclaimed President of All Frustrated Nigerians, has prostate cancer.


These findings were made public last Saturday during the march for men, a prostate health awareness event held in Lagos.

After heavily publicizing the event, 72-year-old Oputa, who was supposed to lead a march from Jibowu under bridge to Teslim Balogun stadium in Surulere, Lagos, was conspicuously absent, raising concerns about his health.

This unavoidable absence from a program he heavily promoted in the hopes of leading set the rumour mill ablaze with wild speculation.


Charlyboy, a brutally honest open spirit who says it like he feels and sees it, circulated a video two months ago, telling the world he was no longer interested in sex because he couldn't get it up. Others questioned how the very virile grand father with flamboyant outlook and lifestyle could manage a major health issue like prostate cancer without feeling burdened by it.

When contacted, the US-educated gregarious artist, actor, broadcaster, and general communicator who has been at the forefront of promoting Peter Obi and Dati Yusuf's presidential candidacy retorted, "What do you want to hear? What do you want me to say? Do you want to know if I have prostate cancer or if I don't? So I have it and will not give up without a fight. This will not hamper my style, so don't feel sorry for me, Biko. Life is unpredictable. My entire life has been a struggle. Fight for my independence, fight to keep my dreams alive, fight for the underdogs and the masses who sometimes fight back. So, what can I say? I'm used to a hard life.


"Well, let me warn you: one out of every four black men in the world today may have prostate cancer or enlargement or is already suffering from it," he continued. And, as you know, these men are twice as likely to die as women. Nonetheless, if it is detected and treated early, there is a 96% chance of survival. I'm worried about black men like me. This is why I joined and promoted the Dozy Mmobuosi Foundation's prostate cancer awareness initiative, in which over 1000 men were screened, because early detection is critical to survival."

When asked specifically if he had prostate cancer, Charly Boy said “Cancer no fear me, am beating this, watch me.

U wey dey ask me question you don go check yourself? Prostrate Cancer is a number one killer for black peopleooo.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad