'My biggest motivation is Burna Boy,' Seyi Vibez says on Apple Music Africa Now Radio.


In an interview with Apple Music Africa Now Radio, Nigerian Afrobeats artist Seyi Vibez described his music as Afro-soul.

As for his musical taste: Seyi Vibez described his sound in an interview with Dada Boy Ehiz as an Afrobeats sound that incorporates Soul music while also drawing inspiration from Fela Kuti's Afrobeat, Islamic, and Celestial influences (the Celestial Church of Christ is a well-known white garment Christian denomination founded in western Nigeria and with branches all over the world).

"My sound is just afro soul, some Fela Kuti vibe, some Islamic vibe, some celestial thing. It’s a mixture of a lot of things."

The fast-rising artist whose 2022 album 'Billion Dollar Baby' rocketed him to mainstream attention stated that he makes conscious music and this is an element he still retains even with his infusion of South African Amapiano style.



He said, "I would describe my sound [as] Afro-soul. I do conscious music a lot, anyone that knows Seyi Vibez knows me with a lot of conscious sounds, so when I started doing the South African Amapiano to my fusion, I started putting my conscious sound on it, even though there are fast beats, there are slow beats, I started adding my conscious sounds to it so that makes it more of my genre."

"I’m not trying to sound like no one, it’s just pure me. The way I sing from way back, I also know how to put it on fast beats, so everything’s just going."

During the interview he also made mention that burnaboy his is biggest motivation:

"From Burna Boy, it’s the biggest motivation I have now. Up to now. It’s the biggest motivation, like “Seyi don’t stop, just keep up. They insult you, they like you or not, don’t stop! Just keep moving.”



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad